Hello and welcome back to the Q&Q. If you are new to the Q&Q, I am excited to have you joining us. Each week I share a quote and 3 questions where I hope to encourage, inspire, and lift you up. Today’s quote is on the topic of leadership and comes from Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric. His quote reads:
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” - Jack Welch
Q1 - Are you a leader who is clear, sets expectations, holds others capable, listens, and is entirely behind those you lead?
Q2 – Many people believe accountability is what you hold people to, I believe capability is the greater calling. Accountability is about holding yourself and others responsible. Capability is about extending the possibility of someone’s else’s ability. What do you think?
Q3 – Consider an acronym for L.E.A.D as Listen, Edify, be Authentic, and have proper Discernment. How have you best seen this exemplified in your life or that of others?
I want to close by sharing something I wrote while preparing this Q&Q. I believe leaders who genuinely desire to influence, make a difference, and impact lives understand…
1. It’s not about being right; it’s about being clear.
2. It’s not about setting rules; it’s about setting expectations.
3. It’s not about holding other’s accountable; it’s about holding them capable of achieving the possibility of the future they desire.
4. It’s not about being the last voice; it’s about listening until all have had an opportunity to be heard.
5. And finally, it’s not about positioning yourself or putting your ideas in front of others; it’s about putting others in the front and allowing them to know you are behind them all the way.
I’m confident by you tuning today, you are already committed and passionate about leadership. You are someone who desires to inspire. You are excited to encourage all those you meet. You have a presence where you LOVE. LISTEN. LEAD to lift others up.
Please consider sharing your comments, thoughts, short stories, or words of encouragement as I believe they will encourage, inspire, and lift us up!
Until next week, this is Chris Hewitt with the Q&Q!